Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Right to Choose

This one in the Anniston Star from a guy in Arizona who saw Penny's letter on mapinc.org

The Right to Choose
by our readers
Feb 11, 2010
Re “The right to smoke” (Speak Out, Feb. 3):

I’m responding to the outstanding letter about the legalization of medical marijuana from writer Penny Vaughn of Lineville. I’d like to add that one of the medications prescribed by my personal physician for my arthritis pain and inflammation has the rare potential side effect of death. In other words, if I take this medication as prescribed, I can die as a result.

For me, marijuana is the more effective medication. Right now, if adult citizens opt for the safer and more effective medication, they are subject to arrest and being sent to jail with violent criminals.

Is something wrong with this situation? I think so. Shouldn’t adults have the freedom to choose what goes into their own bodies in the privacy of their own homes?

Kirk Muse

Mesa, Ariz.

http://www.annistonstar.com/view/full_story/5987552/article-The-right-to-choose?instance=opinion_right

No comments: